You’d better come in, I’m a little busy but it’s raining outside and frankly, you look awful. Here’s a towel.
I’ve a few things to mention.
- When I took up the broom to sweep the kitchen floor and the head fell off, I thought it might be a bad omen. But no, I think I’m good.
- I’m in the throws of packing for cub camp, I leave tomorrow evening, and I could leave preparation for tomorrow afternoon, but I suffer from packer’s despair. This is where starting to pack with less than 24 hours to departure causes me to panic, and feel that I am unable to get everything in to the bag with only, I don’t know, five hours. All practical functions shut down and I stand in my room with a towel dangling from my paralysed fingers and disarranged clothing spewed across the floor.
- This is half a pot of pineapple chunks. I have eaten the other half, but I feel too much pineapple in one sitting could lead to awkward consequences. So it remains.
- This is a birthday cake that I’m working on for tomorrow night. I have to wait for the food colouring to dry before I can do the next bit. Waiting is a drag.
- I hope I put dinner in the oven early enough, that pork could be chewy.