Elinor’s Note: This is very late coming up because of me I’m sorry I forgot about the post.
You’ll never guess, go on guess, oh you got it… we’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! Thanks to Sista Sertraline Over at Phoenix Flights we are now basking in a warm glow, and our egos are enjoying an afternoon on a bouncy castle in zero gravity.
this is no slap dash, chuck it about, kick is around award. It is not for savages. Like an award for a proper and civilised society, it has rules, and they are as follows:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their lovely blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you and make 11 of your own for yournominations.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you. You get me?
You get a little extra juice on this blog (you nosey Susans) because Elinor will be answering the questions too and she will write her answers in blue.We will also both make up some questions.
We were asked:
1. Do you think you are capable of killing another human being?
In the right set of circumstances, yes.
Erm…I don’t really know.
2. City, country or coast?
Umm… Coast, but the British coast (not too hot) and somewhere no too busy.
3. If you found £50/$50 inside a store, would you hand it in?
I would, but my brother once found a fiver in a pub and handed it into the bar, only to realise later that night that it was his own money that had fallen out of his pocket. No good dead and all that…
4. Haagen Dazs or Ben & Jerrys?
Ben & Jerrys fish food flavour.
I’m going to be annoying and say both, I cannot choose between good ice cream.
5. Have you ever spent money on calling into a reality TV show, which one and why?
No, the phone is for emergencies, boring bank calls and friends in need of a chat. Anything else on the phone bill is unacceptable.
Does Strictly Come Dancing count? Because if so when I was 11 I did call in to vote once at the finals; but with parental permission.
6. When was the last time you lost your temper and why?
Last Saturday, it was incredibly hot and I was in a hurry to get my three younger siblings out for Scout parade, they had been warned I tell you WARNED and half an hour before to get ready and with 2 minutes to spare they had dirty leggings, odd socks in sandals, really knotty post swimming hair, scrunched up neckerchiefs and general lack of any sort of readiness. I became a little short with them.
I last lost my temper about a week and half ago with my brother; he spends about 40 minutes in the shower and he also developed a habit of going into the bathroom for 30 minutes and having a shave then going into his room and prating about for another hour before actually going and spending the 40 minutes in the shower. If that wasn’t enough on this particular day I knew he had leave the house to be somewhere for 12 o’clock so I waited for him to have a shower and I heard him go into the bathroom for half an hour and then he left it at 11:30. Now anyone would think he’d had a shower and had gone to get ready to leave; oh good grief no. I go in to the bathroom and a minute after I shut the door he’s suddenly banging on it yelling at me to get out because he had to get in and have a shower because he had to leave to get somewhere by 12:00. I was thoroughly annoyed by this because I’d been very kind and waited the whole morning for him to have a shower; so I lost all grace in a nanosecond and yelled back through the bathroom door. However I wouldn’t want you to think I had an immense amount of patience trust me I can get quite pissy very quickly but I’m mainly grumbling and snapping not having a full blown row.
7. What have you done in your life that you are most proud of?
This is a hard question for a British person to answer. I feel all squirmy, but I’m proud of my relationships with all my family (ahem, ignore the last question), I get on well with my parents, and I talk to them, I can go out to the pub with my brothers and we all get on and share many of the same friends, and I’ve been able to play a large part in looking after my little brother and sisters, and I think that’s grand.
Umm it sounds very very sad and nerdy and geeky and all that but I am proud of my maths GCSE result it was a B and on results day I ran out of the school to my mum squealing “I got a B! I GOT A !” If you had any idea exactly how atrocious my maths were you would understand why this one mark was s important to me because I had managed to struggle through I get a good mark. And I know it sounds stupid but that took a lot of effort for me and even after passing all my other exams I am still most proud of that one which compared to my A2 exams was peanuts I don’t care that was one of the most difficult things to have done and I managed it and I don’t get to say that a lot about myself.
8. Have you ever had sex when you really didn’t want to?
9. What is better, being ‘nice’ or being honest?
Like many things in life, it’s all about balance.
You would not believe how often I’ve been wondering that lately. And I would like to be honest with a lot of people because I think they need to hear it, but then again they probably wouldn’t take it on board. So I end up only being honest to a very few people and ‘nice’ to the rest or completely silent.
10. Do you believe in God?
11. What would be your epitaph?
‘Dig me up, they’ve made a horrible mistake!’
‘Go away I’m taking 40 winks’
1. Who is your favourite comedian?
2 Why do you blog? Why did you set it up and what motivates you to keep posting?
3.Is there a song that never fails to get you all emotional, what is it?
4. what subject interests you that other people might not know about? (for example do you know all about the 1918 flu epidemic or are you a train spotter?)
5. Would you ever consider becoming a politician?
6. what is your favourite kind of cake?
7. Have you ever freaked out over anything?
8. Do you secretly watch anything like children’s programmes, if so what?
9. Where would you like to travel to?
10. What is your most embarrassing moment?
11. What is your main method of procrastination?
Elinor’s Second Note: Apologies for not conforming to the Awards Rule’s and only nominating 9 blogs; sorry but we don’t know enough bloggers…
Also, because I really am that nosey, if you would like to answer any of the questions in the comments I would be really interested, I don’t know if that’s bending the rules of the award, but who’s blog is this anyway?